Monday, February 13, 2012

Tigers, Tigers, and Tigers! Oh my!

Hello again wargaming bloggoninites. This past weekend I was lucky enough to participate in a Flames of War tournament at the local game store. It was my first go round the FoW tournament track and it was pretty fun. Some of the scenarios and terrain set ups seemed pretty conducive to a single sides distinct advantage however since my tigers did much better than I had assumed they would I wasn't really complaining. My list was taken from Earth and Steel the 101st Schwere Panzer Company:
Whittmann
3 Tigers
2 Tigers
3 Squads of Pioneers with halftrack upgrades.
I painted the tigers in a manner most befitting Tigers. Which is orange with black stripes.
I made sure to do a little logo and numbering on each of the turrets and made sure that each tank had a few kill rings on the barrels of each one.

This first one is Arkani. Named after a certain really fast tiger stripped dog.

Next up is Hetzenbrecher, who's also my 2iC when I need one. You can see the tank commander's stylish tiger jacket in the first picture.


And finally the Ace of Aces Char Whittmann himself, who's red tiger is the dread of enemy tanks.




And his barrel is obviously covered in kill rings.







Here's a group shot of all of them. Thanks for your continued interest in my Miniature Games forays.
Next up on the chopping blog:
-Super Dungeon Explore
-Chaos Pact Blood Bowl team.
-Just a Rhino Cup.
-And 40k Hiatus updates.

2 comments: