Thursday, June 14, 2012

6th Rumors and The Time of Ending

Hello out there JaRonaughts. It's a warm and wonderful day, excitement is just outside and it's only a door away! I'm ready if you are!

First off let me make a point about the infrequency with which we've been updating this blog lately.
Sorry! Sorry everybody. In the last 3 weeks all 3 of our contributors have been on summer trips, moving to a different state or graduating from college, so we've been a bit busy. Somehow though we found time to play a new Grudge Match which will be posted later this week, which is a Menage a Trois.

Now that I've got the SITREP down it's time to talk about the future of our favorite space-based miniatures game. Recently we've been bombarded with rumors about all the cool new things that will be put into the new edition of Warhammer 40,000. And I can say confidently that I'm EXCITED! Like 'peeing the bed and keeping your parents all night yelling lines from Power Rangers' excited. In addition to the dire need of 40k's rules for an updating (spring cleaning or clear-cutting hopefully) there's another reason I think I'm so excited and just can't hide it. I think it's because the last edition came without much fanfare and rancorous adulation, it slid in, changed a few things and then took it's place as the new rules, because it was sooo similar to the previous versions. Here's what I mean: 
I can't remember what exactly different between 3-4-5 edition. I think there was sweeping advances in 3rd edition... that's about it.
However even though I haven't played 2nd edition in YEARS I can still remember all the different aspects of the game because it's like my brain remembers it as something all together different. And that's the same kind of effect I'm hoping for in 6th. 

Although 5th needs to be dead and gone as fast as possible it wasn't the worst 40k edition, I think it had the most obnoxious codices for sure, but the rules were solid, maybe except for unkillable vehicles. 

All the rumors for 6th sound pretty cool, however now that there's so many and they're all conflicting between a set that's coming to light now and ones based on the leaked rules (which I like) it looks like we'll all have to wait for GW to put the damn thing in our hands to see what's exactly there. However on her recent journey to Games Workshop World HQ in Overcast Olde England one of our contributors was given a few snipets of inside info about 6th edition one of which was a cryptic: 
"wound allocation was based on percentages." 
Hmm what could it mean? I'm not sure, but I'm sure in time GW will either put out the new rules or be destroyed by our hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment