Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Just a Rhino Approved #1

I hope you are all very excited. Because I'm here to unveil a new article type here at JaR:
Just A Rhino Approved!
I know! But please, hold your applause till the end. This new type of article will consist of Homegrown rules, scenarios, games, rainy-day crafts, hats, or anything else we think you need to have rules for. If you're anything like me you miss that thrill of opening a new White Dwarf magazine to find a whole new Chapter Approved rules waiting for you (I know it happened two months ago, shut up!). It's like Christmas but better because you didn't have to wade through the snow to argue with your family about who isn't a doctor at any point. And these rules were REAL, you could go and play with them like the official Codices. Oh boy! But....
After Andrew W. 40k left Games Workshop these articles dropped off completely as did sales of White Dwarf. I'm not here to talk about how pointless White Dwarf is now, maybe I'll do that later, or Monty can do it. Right now we're talking about Honest to Gosh rules for new stuff!

Though I love 40k to death, I made this blog because there are plenty of things about it that I hate. And one of those things I hate is the fact that EVERYONE plays Space Marines.
Which...sucks.
Variety is the spice of life and all I've got to play against is PISS in my Cheerios.
And THAT sucks.
The worst part is most people who play 40k are pretty into the fluff. Which means that all those Marine players (especially the Ubiquitous Ultramarines) are breaking the Codex Astartes. If you don't know what a Codex Astartes is, then let me summarize. The Codex Astartes was written after Big Bad Horus died, and all the Rebel Space Marine Legions went back to the warp. The Imperium didn't want 10s of 1000s of space marines to go all Jason Bourne on them again. So they wrote the Codex Astartes which said that each Space Marine chapter can only number 1000 doods and thus the Second Founding occurred, dividing up the space marine chapters of the First Founding into smaller bite sized increments.
Now that my little trip through Roleplay city is over, nowadays EVERYONE playing Space Marines is breaking the Codex Astartes because I bet dollars to boltguns that there are way more than 1000 Space Marine Models representing each chapter in the world. Hell, there's a guy at our local gaming store (Chris Eiemers Shout-out woot woot!) who literally owns the entire Ultramarines chapter. So assuming that he's the 1st 1000 the Ultramanndoes get, then all the rest have to be....ELIMINATED! And so the Inquisitorial Branch Mahitoius was born. Founded by Thorian Inquisitor Xanidella De Fel Crois Bow,
her sole mission is to eliminate suprlus members of the space marine chapters before whatever diabolical plans they have come to horrible fruition.











She is obviously intended to be an HQ choice for either Grey Knights, Imperial Guard or Sisters of Battle.
Try her out! Tell me how it goes!
You can look for more JaR Approved articles in the near future!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, I hate her. I think it's something about her name...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's hard to spell, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe you should name her bitchface after her namesake.

    ReplyDelete