Monday, October 3, 2011

A Sister by any other name...

Two Posts in one day? You guys must be lucky. But don't get too excited it's more Sisters of battle stuff. These are all test models from myself. Hammering out which color schemes I want to use on my Sisters.
Scheme 1: Really Red and Boney Bone
I'm not too fond of the first one, it seems a bit bright for a 40k army (Hardy har). Which is also probably why it's the least finished.










Hit the jump for three more schemes!





Scheme 2: Battle-worn Copper Tone

This one is working well. But I'm not convinced the "red-on-red" look is really doing it for me, it's too monochromatic really. But the gold/brown armor was something I was really excited about trying after all that new ogre stuff came out, and it doesn't really fit sisters all that badly. Maybe if it had some more wear and tear it could work better.











Scheme 3: That Old Red and Black Number
It's hard to see cause I took some really bad pictures and didn't edit them for your sake. But I actually amped up the blue on this "standard" color scheme. I think it's the only time I've liked blue that I've done on a figure. The highlights work well and the red and gold really look snazzy. But I might try doing some without the gold and making the gold accents red.














Scheme 4: You Can't Defeat Airman
This one is working well but I'm not the biggest blue army fan out there. It's not my favorite color and it's something I've just become inured to with all those Ultramanndoes out there.










Sorry about the strange formatting I'm on a 'move from this spot right the fuck now' kind of schedule and this editor is being a fart.

No comments:

Post a Comment