Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Painting Sisters! 4 Down, 75 to Go!

Well, let me tell you two things that I've learned about painting sisters...again!
THEY'RE A PAIN!
I've painted them before, but I'd been mostly doing that in single model batches. A Cannoness here a meltagirl there. So this is my first exposure to batches of 4+.
First of all, let me say this.
They are really a pain to batch paint! Like Cygnar Trenchers! UGH!
So many cool little details that are fine to paint on up to 2-3 sisters at a time, but once I get to my 6th hidden holster and playing hide-n-seek with grenades and scopes I'm thinking I might just not paint them. But I'm not an Ultramarines or GKs player so I'm used to painting things with lots of details well Like Blood Angles or Woofz. :D
So I soldier on...
Let me next say that this is the final color scheme that I've settled on...again...again...
...AGAIN!
It's blood red and liche purple over a white bascoat, red's washed with a bit of watered down devlan mud, and the purple is heavily washed with Asurmen Blue wash.
Some of the girls have finished hair, weapons and faces, but the red armour and purple cloth need some highlighting, since I didn't do...any...yet.
Anyway! I just wanted to put up some pictures today since I had time actually, unlike the rest of the week what with parental birthday parties, double anniversaries, local gaming, classes, work, and of course sisters painting. Oh don't forget texting Monty hurtful things! :D
Oh and these pictures aren't the best, but I did what I could with my burning hot walmart lamp and my burning hot walmart camera :P




I finished some parts of them, like the hair, and the superiors power weapon (which she doesn't have) so far they're looking good! I'll post some more pictures once they get finished.

2 comments:

  1. Looks sharp bud. How are you gunna base them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking ruins, like cobble stone blocks or perhaps some low destroyed bits of buildings. I am fully against things on bases that go above the models ankles, or they are falling off of. Or it under the base.

    ReplyDelete