Saturday, April 7, 2012

They Want to Rock and Roll All Night and Part of Every Day... Everyone Has to Sleep Eventually.

Hello all, Becky here. Today instead of talking about myself, I’m going to talk about something a little more interesting. My blood angels list, YAY. *searches for music to epically write this post to as the soundtrack from Riven is playing right now and that is just NOT the right mood for writing.. epic-style-Immigrant Song it is*


Yeah this is a real picture from the internet


Awesome right?

Onto my list! As it stands right now it is 2027 pts but there is one thing I’ll probably cut unless once I get to that point it becomes necessary. If that happens I can just drop something else to bring it down.

Captain Becky…100: (160)
-Lightening claw x2 (+30)
-Melta bombs (+5)
-Jump Pack (+25)

Honour Guard…115: (280)
-Blood Champion (+20)
-Chapter Banner (+30)
-Jump Packs (+50)
-power sword (+15)
-lightning claw x2 (+30)
-storm shield (+20)

corbulo…105: (105)

priest…50: (90)
-jump pack (+25)
-power sword (+15)

Furioso…125: (175)
-librarian (+50)

death dread…125: (140)
-blood talons
-magna-grapple (+15)

chaplain…100: (100)

death co…60: (205)
-5 extra (+100)
-3 power weapons (+45)

assault…100: (130)
-no jump packs
-lightning claws x2 (+30)

assault…100: (217)
-four extra (+72)
-lightning claws x2 (+30)
-infernus pistol (+15)


drop pod…35: (35)

drop pod…35: (35)

razorback…55: (80)
X-TL assault cannon (+35)X
-extra armor (+15)
-storm bolter (+10)
-minus (-35)

Land Raider Redeemer…240: (275)
-extra armor (+15)
-multimelta (+10)
-storm bolter (+10)

So that’s all well and good right? But how will it function? Let me tell you my magical plans for this list that I have yet to run. I like to think it is a fairly well rounded list. I’ll start with the badass Captain Becky and her Honour Guard of Violent Misfits.

To get it out of the way, Becky is a girl, she’s modeled after me, you can see her picture in my last post. She has two lightning claws because it takes a special kind of asshole to only have one lightning claw. A member of her guard also has a pair of lightning claws. They are equipped for close combat. Armed with jump packs they drop in with descent and wipe out what they can.

Brother Corbulo is accompanying the Assault squad without jump packs in the razorback. He’ll give them feel no pain-y goodness. The other priest will be with the jump pack assault squad with a jump pack of his own. This squad has lightning claws and an infernos pistol so they’re ready for close combat if they drop in.

I have two dreads, Furioso Librarian and Death Company. They will each be dropping in via drop pod. They are mostly equipped to take out tanks (I hope, I need advice on that, haven’t quite gotten the hang of vehicles yet).

Then we get to the Chaplain with Death Co. This is how I feel about Death Company.





That being said, I know they have major flaws. I just cannot seem to bring myself to stop playing them. Seriously, I mean they’re so fun! So blood-thirsty and kill hungry, just what blood angels should be! But that is also their demise. The whole chasing what ever is closest gets old really quickly, getting kited around the board the whole game is never fun. One event in my history with Death Company will make me keep them. It happened in the Texas Tag-Team Tournament. We were up against some orcs and dark eldar. My death company met a mob of boys in the middle of the board in close combat and (not to be rude) ate them alive. It was amazing and redeems them enough even with their other flaws for me to still include them. The will be driving the Redeemer. This is a throwback for those of you who have been following Frank from other places, remember the orc tank WrekBekka? Well these guys are the ones who had the original before it was orc-ified. WreckBecca. Frank is in the process of painting her so in the future there will be a picture, along with as I actually get these guys built and painted.

That’s really it. I feel like this is a rip off for a post but I haven’t played them as a team yet so I can’t really say how they work.

What she said.




On a more personal note, happy holidays to all celebrating this weekend. I'm going to go make frosting to put on my mini carrot cake cup cakes! Yayy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky,
    You are going to love 6th Edition, no more mad charging by the death company!!!!

    ReplyDelete