Wednesday, April 11, 2012

"Toxic Evil" Just Got a New Name



Evening/Morning/Equinox/Injury Time sports fans, Frank here to tell you a little bit about the pain and suffering of my human spirit! I'm sad and have a butt for a face! SAD FEELINGS!

...wait no, this isn't my "Pretend I'm Norm on his Live Journal" post...
Oh! Here it is!
That's right! Blood Bowl!
Ah, if there ever was an outlet for my Primal Rage (The Avatars), my artistic passion and my grand ability to roll all the wrong kinds of dice rolls (See Hanshin Tigers) it would be on the Fantastic Field of Blood Bowl. And since my little elves have been captured in a Time Spiral it's time to start a new team. And since I am really partial to Mutants, and Leagues and Extreme Thirst I decided no team would be better to begin than Chaos Pact!

My newest team the Toxic Evil-Pros! are a combination of the best mutants and renegades that there ever was! At least that's what I'd say about them in like...20 more games? Their definitely a development project, but the coolest thing about Chaos Pact is that you're allowed to make your players HOWEVER you want!
-You're whole team has access to almost every skill on the regs! (Except Agility skills which are doubles)
-You get 1 of each of a crew of racial positionals! 1 Goblin, 1 Dark Elf, and 1 Skaven. Though their stats would seem mediocre on their own rosters on Pact they have mutation access in addition to the normal skills they would have access to, making them a blank canvas for development.
-3 F@#$KIN BIG GUYS! AT ONCE!


Wow that sounds great! So let's get this 1,000 lbs crap show on the road!
First off let me say the first thing I could think of when trying to bring my creations to life (ALIVE!) is the original Chaos mutards The CHAOS ALL-STARS!
Remember when mutations didn't exist? Well the flippin' All-Stars had them then! WHAM!
Anyway the old Chaos All-Stars models are as famous as they are fantastically hard to find. Here's a picture of them for reference!
Frak yes! It does my heart to see a set of models that are older than me, but still way cooler than I'll ever be! So basically you got your big guys, 1 of each of your Multi-Racial Positionals, an of course some flipptards with mutations galore. It's awesome!
Now as much as i want to just make my own versions of this whole Iconic Team...I kind-of have had MUTANT FEVER! And now there's so many mutants I have planned that I literally gotta go with some of my new designs just because I really want to make them. But I'll be sticking in the neighborhood of the color scheme and some of my favorite Stars I'm going to rigga-remake.

First-Off A New one!


This here is Grim "Spike" Durfman his hideous face is made of a metal spore mine, with a cool fluffy lace color to keep his neck warm and stylish. His body is a plastic human blitzer. It's a very simple conversion but I kind of love him! You might also notice that my color scheme is actually Hot Pink and Turquoise while the original Stars are Red and Green. I actually always thought that the old ones were Pink and Green but I guess they undercoated them white and that red just got outta hand...into being awesome! So I decided to go with a cool hot pink and cool blue-green. I'm really liking it so far.

Next is another one of my creations!
This little 'demonette' is Fiercia Lowblow, just in case you thought that claw didn't mean business because she's in a metal bikini. I got this model from Reaper to use as a cheerleader and then cut one of her arms off and sculpted a new one, and added a chopped down dryad claw from WH:GFB.

Now here's some guys based right off the old models. The left guy is an ork biker boy torso with nob arms attached to the legs of a plastic human lineman, his chest face and awesome pompadore I sculpted on. To the right is a metal human thrower I fashioned a giant tentacle throwing arm onto, just like old Lewdgrip! He's got some paint but's not really even started.

My Dark Elf Renegade Hellena Murderson is a converted Malifaux figure, whom I sculpted extra arms onto, now she's like a little Spiral. Her paint is actually almost done just need to do a bit more highlighting in her pants and skin (Which is light purple) and she'll be ready to hit the pitch.
Another note on these is I'm using the NEW Citadel Paints line (Along with the old) and as far as things go I'm really liking some of the new Types of paints, like The green glaze I used on this last girls hair just really rules! The two colors I picked out were also new Layer Paints, Pink Horror (AWESOME NAME!) and Sotek Green, the green is washed with the new Shad Biel-Tan Green. All in all I'm loving the new paint line even though I only bought a few. The 2 things I'm still upset about with the new paints are:
They dry VERY quickly and,
FUCKING KIDDING ME!? The SAME LIDS!?
Come on!
I've gotten used to sneak attacking the thermal paint port on my paint pots to cause massive paint to get on my brush then I always have set up a giant pile of paint on my pallet that I'm not going to use. But I would have much preferred to not be a jack-ass thinking about secret space-plane missions when I'm putting paint brushes in paint.

And that's as good a note as any to leave on so...L8sk8ers

Norm will be posting a sweet post about our Grudge Match later this week, and I'll be doing lots more Toxic-Pro-Jam Pics all this week, including lots of designs for new mutants from my sketchbook. I might even have an old pro show up in my roster (WINK!).



No comments:

Post a Comment