Friday, April 6, 2012

Yo! I'm fly. I'm the female boss. I'm number one.

I decided it was time to step out of the shadows of this blog and into the light. You've seen my influence around the blog and you don't even know it! How does that feel? Is it strange? Let me back up, I'll tell you the story from the beginning.

Frank started teaching me how to play 40K about a year and a half ago. Due to moving from one state to another and then other responsibilities, I've learned some, but not nearly enough to comfortably hold my own on the table. I play Blood Angels. This is my captain which Frank sculpted for me!


Captain Becky


I had a decent list that I could occasionally beat Frank with (though I'm convinced he was letting me win), but when I took it into my first tournament (infantry only), I was sorely disappointed with how poorly it did against other teams. This scared me off of 40K for a little while, but eventually Frank got me to play again in the team tournament where we played together (re: Texas Tag-Team Tournament ). That's right, his dark apprentice is here... on Just a Rhino. Writing about... wait for it... 40K from a beginning girl's perspective (keep reading, don't give up yet). I know what you may be thinking, what could this girl tell me that I don't already know? A girl talking about learning the ins and outs of 40K will be boring right? WRONG! You are so very very wrong. Ever wish your girl friend, wife or girl who you sort of know who lives down the street that waves to you sometimes would play with you? Point her to this blog, I'll show her anyone can do it and it is fun! Are you a girl whose S/O plays miniatures games and you have no idea what he's talking about? I'm here to help. Plus I'm funny and my hair is blue so you have to like me.

Anyway, in the time that I've known Frank, he and Norm started Just a Rhino. I take 85% of Frank's pictures of the grudge matches and edit 100% of them. I also created the JaRBBL poster as well as filming and editing the grudge match videos. So as I said in the beginning of the post, you've already seen my influence around JaR, but now you'll see more of it. Don't worry, I'll post about other things as well, like Space Hulk (which by the way Frank has never beat me in... take THAT) and perhaps Super Dungeon Explorer or other board games.

My hope is to entertain and perhaps lure some more girls into the miniatures gaming community, it is kinda lonely over here! I was trying to find some witty all encompassing picture for the end of this post to reward those of you who worked so hard to finish it. I mean it is the end right? You should feel satisfied for your efforts and the time you put into this, but all I could come up with was this:


Mass Effect 3


No seriously here you go.


How Star Wars should have ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment